First Time Homebuyer
Good Samaritan Homeownership Program
- Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCEC)
- Information for all Massachusetts First Time Home Buyers (www.masshousinginfo.org)
- Homeownership Counseling Classes (www.chapa.org)
Introduction & Background
The Good Samaritan Homeownership Program has been established by Berkshire Fund, In
c., Berkshire Housing Development Corporation and local lending institutions to help low and moderate income families purchase their first homes in Berkshire County.
The Good Samaritan Homeownership Program is a non-profit venture set up to advise and assist income-eligible buyers who meet the bank and program guidelines.
SUPPORT: Education & Individual Counseling
Buying a home is a complicated and confusing experience for most people. Therefore, the Good Samaritan Homeownership Program
has been designed to have a strong educational and counseling component; support throughout the entire process.
Homeownership Counseling Program is a series of seminars which discuss:
- Lending & Credit Requirements
- Legal Considerations
- Home Inspection Procedures
- Budgeting for a Down Payment
The Program Also Provides:
- Advice on Various Financing Options Available
- Budget Counseling
- Coordination with Participating Banks to Obtain a Mortgage
- A Homeownership Counselor to Help you through the Process of Buying your First Home
For more information contact Lisa Cabrera Rizzo, Berkshire Housing Development: 413-499-1630 ext. 100 or CLICK TO EMAIL